“Great first outing with Aberdeen Hillwalking Club. Nice easy walk around Potarch, mostly flat so a good one to get me started. Really enjoyed it. Thank you for making me feel so welcome. Hopefully I can improve my map reading skills in the coming months. Suitable for all as a real mix of fast walkers and the more relaxed so plenty of time to enjoy, stop and take photos. Lovely being out in the countryside again. Transport to and from Aberdeen meant I can snooze on the way home, perfect! I will be recommending the group to my friends”.
We offer a regular programme of fortnightly Sunday outings each year from March to early November and monthly winter walks in December, January and February. Outings are by hired coach leaving from New Telecom House, South College Street, with a second pick-up at the bus stop at the West Gate of Duthie Park. This is on Great Southern Road and across from Allanvale Cemetery. Summer walks make use of the daylight hours and are generally between 12 and 20 miles, our winter walks usually cover 8 to 10 miles. Options for shorter walks are usually available. Advance bookings are necessary and individuals are encouraged to register and book directly on an upcoming walk page. An email will confirm your place on the coach. If you cannot book on line please contact the bookings secretary Gilbert via email (gilbertmccurdy
What does the club offer?
– experience the freedom of the Scottish Highlands
– as a member enjoy a discount on the cost of every walk
– come along to a selection of social events throughout the year
– travel in comfort in a luxury coach
– enjoy a discount negotiated with local shops (up to 15% on production of your valid membership card)
– get advice on long distance walks
– attend training courses to improve your map and compass skills
– take photographs of the countryside and wildlife
– use Facebook to update your friends or family
You don’t have to drive, you don’t have to walk on your own, however you do need some boots and you might get wet on occasions, but you will have enjoyed some of Scotland finest walks.
Get enthusiastic, and make the first steps for hill walking and join us.
fellow walkers just bagged my first munro. So chuffed that I made it to the top and the
breathtaking scenery made it all the more worthwhile”